ASK ALICIA KOO!
Read Weekly Articles Featured in The Straits Times?
- Where the Property Market is Heading?
- When is a Good Time to Buy?
- Should You Buy a Private Condominium, Executive Condominium, HDB or even an Overseas Property?
- Which Type of Property is Right for You Now?
- Where are the Undervalued Properties near MRT and International Schools
- What are the Property Cooling Measures? What Taxes Should You be Aware of?
- What are other Opportunities for Property Investment outside Singapore?
Tips For Property Buying
If you are thinking of investing in an overseas property, Miss Koo’s advice is to go through these basis points before engaging a property agent.
- Hot spots. Miss Koo identified several countries that are prime for investment opportunities. Cambodia, Australia, the UK and Malaysia are some property markets that have been seeing an increase in Singaporean investors recently. Be sure to approach a qualified real estate agent to enquire about properties in those areas.
- Prime Location. The safest bet is to select properties located at prime districts. In the case of Cambodia, an upcoming market, the best bet is to invest in properties near Phnom Penh’s financial districts, as several revitalisation projects are underway for the next few years. Properties in such areas benefit from proximity to amenities and lifestyle spots, further boosting their value.
- The Developer’s credibility. It is crucial to do your research to ensure that the property developer has a solid track record. This will help you to avoid instances when the development project is not completed.
- Maturity period. Miss Koo stressed the importance of knowing that investment returns are not immediate. As with many developing markets, properties tend to benefit from additional development projects in the surrounding areas, which take time to complete.
-Written by Alicia Koo as featured on the Straits Times.